users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Update Center

From: Rochelle Raccah <Rochelle.Raccah_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:40:05 -0800

Hi Kenneth,

I asked one of my coworkers for details on how to do this. Here are his
instructions.

You need to do 2 things to get this to work:

1) Configure that you want automatic updates in the config.xml. You can
do that by hand editing, attributes of the update-preference element
config.xml to configure auto-install of new software and updates.

for example:
<update-preference enable-notify='TRUE' enable-download='TRUE'
enable-install='TRUE' action-day='TUE' action-hour='15' action-minute='0'>

(You can choose appropriate action-day and action-hour.)

2) Start a UC client process running. You can do that by starting the
update center with the tray option if you want to run it without
invoking the UI itself.

Thanks,
Rochelle