users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Resource Adapters and Application Clients

From: Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:16:25 +0000

On Feb 8, 2008 12:57 PM, Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_sun.com>
wrote:

> > If it does, how does it work, does it transfer the resource adapter
> > classes to the client machine and start a connection pool on the
> > application client's JVM, or does it do some form of remote proxying?
> No, resource adapter classes need to be made accessible for the
> appclient container (eg: classpath)
> A separate connection pool will be created within the Appclient
> container's JVM.

That is a pity, I was hoping to be able to keep the one pool and have it
route through the JavaEE container. If the app client starts its own pool it
will not be able to connect due to the firewall settings between the EIS and
the network in general (basically it will only accept connections from
designated servers, and we were going to list the JavaEE server as one of
the valid connection sources. We cannot do that for every Application Client
as that could be the entire internet)