users@glassfish.java.net

Delay of failover with Glassfish cluster and mod_jk

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:03:18 PST

Hi,
I have installed a glassfish cluster with two instances (each instance on a different machine). This cluster is load balanced with an apache httpd server and mod_jk.
Load balancing between both instances is working fine.
But for testing purpose, I unplug the network cable of one of the machine while sending request to my clustered application. When doing this, all requests sent to the load balancer are blocked for about 40s. After 40s, the load balancer "resume" and forwards again requests to the machine which is still alive. No request is lost.
Is it possible to configure mod_jk or glassfish in order to reduce this delay of 40s?
Why does apache stop forwarding requests when unpluging one the machine?

Thanks for your help.
[Message sent by forum member 'will_mad' (will_mad)]