users@glassfish.java.net

Client Certificate authentication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:07:01 PST

Hi all!
I am not very familiar with digital certificates on glassfish, but we need to implement client certificate authentication using smartcards certificates. I have imported CA certificate into cacerts.jks and keystore.jks using keytool and configured web application as

    <login-config>
        <auth-method>CLIENT-CERT</auth-method>
    </login-config>

When I open secure page in browser, server asks certificate and the one from smart card is used, but secure page does not open. Server logs says "[Web-Security] hasResource isGranted: false|#]"

I don't need mutual authorization and importing client certificates into cacerts.jks is not available.

Again, as I am new to certificates, I might doing or thinking completely wrong, but is there any suggestions about this?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'lmx' (lmx)]