users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How I can restart a single web application in glassfish?

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:17:39 +0100

Legolas wood wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for reply.
> does it unload and re-load the application?
> I want to change a configuration file in my hard disk and see the effect
> in the application.
> a servlet which initialize automatically will read the file and create a
> singletone configuration class.
> Disable-eabling the application does not make the singletone to die?
> does it?

Hi Legolas,

given your requirement you might be better off by using an
InitializerServlet that you can actually invoke as a admin user. This
servlet could cause the Singleton to reread its configuration from file
and thus achieve the desired effect.

This would also be a more portable solution - which is not to say that
you should port ;-)

Regards,

Wolfram