users@glassfish.java.net

Load balancing with apache

From: Pablo Saavedra <pablo.a.saavedra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:24:34 -0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a two instance glassfish (V2_UR1) cluster, where one
of the instances is hosted on a windows machine and the other on an ubuntu
machine.

The cluster is working fine, but when I want to add an apache in front of
them to do load balancing, only the windows instance responds. (The DAS is
in the ubuntu machine). I followed this instructions so far:

http://blogs.sun.com/dadelhardt/entry/loadbalancing_with_mod_jk_and_glassfish

The apache web server is hosted on an ubuntu machine, too. No firewall on
any of the machines, but I even tried with an apache on the DAS and still
the same problem. All I get is a blank page. The application I'm trying is
the cluster jsp example bundled with glassfish.

Is there any known issue with this? Has anybody succeeded in setting up
something like this?

I can post the configuration files if neede, but they are more or less copy
paste from the ones in the blog.

Thanks in advance.
Pablo.