users@glassfish.java.net

Node Agents and Domains

From: Asleson, Ryan <asleson_at_BIWORLDWIDE.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 07:28:22 -0600

Hello,

I'm running Glassfish v2 on my local development computer. I have one
Glassfish installation at ${GLASSFISH-HOME}. I have multiple domains
set up on this instance, each with a different admin port number and
HTTP port number. Two domains in question, domain3 and domain4, reside
here:

${GLASSFISH-HOME}/domain/domain3 (admin port 4850, HTTP port 7003)
${GLASSFISH-HOME}/domain/domain4 (admin port 4911, HTTP port 7004)

Not knowing exactly what I was doing, I used the following commands to
create and start a node-agent:

asadmin> create-node-agent --host localhost --port 4850
compass-node-agent
asadmin> create-cluster --host localhost --port 4850 compass-cluster
asadmin> create-instance --host localhost --port 4850 --nodeagent
compass-node-agent --cluster compass-cluster compassinstance1
asadmin> start-node-agent --syncinstances=true compass-node-agent

On the file system, the node agent was created here:

${GLASSFISH-HOME}/nodeagents/compass-node-agent

When I go to domain3's online admin at localhost:4850/, I see the
compass-node-agent under the Node Agents group on the left nav.
However, when I go to domain4's online admin at localhost:4911/, there
are no node agents listed in the Node Agents group on the left nav.

So, here are my questions:

1. When I used asadmin to create the node agent, how was it created so
that it was specific to domain3?

2. How can I create a node agent that is specific to domain4? The
asadmin tool doesn't seem specific to a particular domain, which I think
it should be.

Thank you!!!!

-Ryan

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.