users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Having trouble serving WMV file from glassfish (SJAS 9.1 Update 1)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 05:34:36 PST

Ok. I was not considering the fact that the WMV video files were in a web application. For my mime setting to be applied to these files, a redeploy of the web application was required.

So, to be clear, the following is required to add a new global mime type:

1.) Add the mime type to the the domain's default-web.xml (ex. domains/domain1/config/default-web.xml)
2.) Restart the domain
3.) Redeploy the web application where the file related to the new mime type is being served.
[Message sent by forum member 'fatherman' (fatherman)]