users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Suggestion of Torrent based Downloads

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:07:21 -0800

I thought it was not possible to track downloads via bittorrent, am I
mistaken?

As you say, we would like to track donwloads for adoption metrics - both
in time and in geography. We are starting to track also Update Center
pings, and that will give us another mechanism to track adoption, but
that is just starting to phase in.

As GlassFish stats showing in more distros (OpenSolaris, Ubuntu, Other
Linux, etc) we will not be able to rely only on our download statistics,
so BitTorrent is just the beginning.

Although, in a sense, this will be a case of "a good problem to have" :-)

        - eduard/o