users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish - weblogic (8.1) rmi

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 05:47:26 PST

Hi

I want to do a rmi lookup from Glassfish to a Weblogic8.1 server. Including weblogic.jar and doing a t3://.. doesn't seem to work that well because the weblogic.jar file includes saxparsers and loads of other crap that doesn't work that well with Glassfish.

The solution should be iiop then i guess. I read another thread here and got this:

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=246646&#246646

[i]Properties env = new Properties();
env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.appserv.naming.S1ASCtxFactory");
env.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "localhost");
env.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "7001");
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);
ctx.lookup("ejbname_on_wls");

....Even your ejb-jar.xml or web.xml is the same. The difference is in sun-web.xml, or sun-ejb-jar.xml, or weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, etc.

My previous post showed the injection way. But if you prefer lookup on your client side:
Context ic = new InitialContext();
Object obj = ic.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/fooRef");

web.xml should have a
<ejb-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/fooRef</ejb-ref-name>

sun-web.xml should have a
<ejb-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/fooRef</ejb-ref-name>
<jndi-name>corbaname:iiop:1.2_at_localhost:7001#ejb/foo</jndi-name>
</ejb-ref>[/i]

I'd like to do this using code only so that i can set the url in a configuration file. Is this possible ?
[Message sent by forum member 'laban' (laban)]