users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Applying a standard set of jar files for a deployed client in the App Server

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:16:10 +0530

The Java EE way of doing it is to use "Installed Optional Packages"
facility of a Java EE platform. Not many servers (that includes
GlassFish as well) implement it as the way it should be. Hence you can't
reliably use it at the moment.

Instead, try using the GlassFish proprietary --library option. You can
specify library jar names during deployment of applications and they
will be used by those applications only. Refer to following places:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/javaee5/docs/DG/beade.html#gatej
http://blogs.sun.com/sivakumart/entry/classloaders_in_glassfish_an_attempt

Thanks,
Sahoo