users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Managing JMS messages and subscribers

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:12:04 +0530

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Two things:
>
> 1. I would like a way to view my topic subscribers, and the messages currently awaiting them if disconnected.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-7755/aeoek shows how the durable
subscriptions could be listed. The destination could be queried to
find out the number of messages in the destination.

> 2. I could conceivably have a situation where I would want to delete one of those messages, for a particular subscribe, but not want to flush the entire physical destination.

A QueueBrowser could be used to browse messages in the queue, but
AFAIK, there are no capabilities to delete a specific message today.

There is an open RFE at

You might want to add your comments there or check with
users_at_mq.dev.java.net to find out if there are other ways of achieving
this.

Thanks
--Siva.