users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do EJBs communicate between an Enterprise Application and an EJB Mo

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:17:40 PST

Yea, only elements deployed within the same EAR can enjoy Local semantics, outside of the EAR you have to use Remote.

Now, the fact than an EJB may be in a JAR that's deployed WITHIN an EAR, doesn't change that. The EJB in the JAR is deployed IN the EAR, so it can use Local calling even though it's packaged within a JAR.

For example, I have common EJBs in their own library JAR file that I use with different EARs, but they all enjoy Local calling semantics once deployed within an EAR.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]