users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v2 problem with localhost

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:02:10 PST

Hi,

I have a really odd problem with GlassFish after upgrading to v2 UR1:

It does not allow me to access the admin console, or just about anything else, through "localhost" anymore. If i try "http://localhost:4848/" it gives me a 404 "The requested resource () is not available."

Everything works perfectly fine if I access it using my computers hostname though, "http://cm-t-03:4848/" in this case.

It took me a whole lot of trial and error to even find this, including a complete windows reinstall (which didn't help). Im using GlassFish under Vista Business with JDK6.0u3. I've also tried with SJSAS 9.1 which acts exactly the same way. Another identical vista machine on the same network does not do this however.

This is a bit of a problem for me since NetBeans at least really wants to talk to the server through localhost. And I would rather have the server bound to the loopback interface than publicly in my network, but as it is, if I do that I can't access it at all.

Has anyone else got this problem and know of a solution?
[Message sent by forum member 'renzan' (renzan)]