users@glassfish.java.net

Re: please recommend a small-scale replicated database.

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:18:11 +0100

I'd like to thank everyone for the ideas.

Glassfish with toplink and postgres (with another database in it) are
already present, so I don't consider them as overhead. The project
already uses JPA, so I'd prefer not to have two kinds of persistence
architectures.

The problem is that I need the data replicated between two nodes.

h2 clustering looks interesting, if I can automate the recovery.

ha-jdbc seems to have that aspect covered too, so that's my prime
candidate right now.

I tried to figure out which postgresql multimaster replication
projects are still alive but already stable, but an RDBMS-agnostic
solution is always preferred anyway.

Thanks again everyone!

Gabor