users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to backup persistent timers and jms queues and topics?

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:20:34 +0530

Markus KARG wrote:
> Our Java EE application is using Persistent Timers (see EJB spec) and
> relies very heavily on JMS.
> We want to prevent that long-term timers and non-yet-received messages
> in JMS topics and queues are lost in case of a server crash.
> What is the "official" way how to backup and restore that data in
> Glassfish?
> Is there a tutorial or reference manual on the web for that topic?

Reliable messaging could be achieved via the use of Acknowledgements,
Transactions and Persistent Messaging as explained in
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-7759/aerbz?a=view

Persistence Services available in OpenMQ are explained at
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-7759/aercs?a=view

With Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 and above, through a
highly available data store, HADB, we now have HA in the JMS path as
well http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3679/abdbx?a=view

Thanks
--Siva.