users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS remote client

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:59:24 +0530

Hi

Sorry this is vacation time for most of us and the responses therefore
are quite slow.

I haven't tried using a JMS connection factory bound in AS in a
standalone fashion from a container like Resin and so I really don't
know why you are facing these problems. It appears that somehow
GlassFish's ORB is not being picked up.

Could you try these two steps:
1. First try sending a message from within Resin directly to the MQ
provider. Set up your classpath as recommended in
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-4469/aeqar and then instantiate
the connection factory directly and configure it to the valid broker
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-4469/aeqat?a=view and try to send
a message.

2. If (1) works then we can try using a JMS CF bound in application
server from within Resin. For that, please start afresh and add the
following jars to your classpath:
{as-install}/lib/install/applications/jmsra/imqjmsra.jar
{as-install}/lib/appserv-admin.jar
{as-install}/imq/lib/imq.jar
{as-install}/lib/appserv-rt.jar
{as-install}/lib/javaee.jar

I don't know if {as-install}/lib/appserv-deployment-client.jar is
required. So add it only if required.

Then set up your Initial Context as explained in
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#nonJavaEEwebcontainerRemoteEJB
> Properties props = new Properties();
> props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
> "com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory");
> props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs",
> "com.sun.enterprise.naming");
> props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.state",
> "com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl");
>
> // optional. Defaults to localhost. Only needed if web server is running
> // on a different host than the appserver
> props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "localhost");
>
> // optional. Defaults to 3700. Only needed if target orb port is not 3700.
> props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "3700");
>
> InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);

and try to look up the ConnectionFactory you had created in the
application server using the physical JNDI Name you have bound it as.

Thanks
--Siva.