users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS - Netbeans - Glassfish

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:47:22 +0530

Hi

>> On 'earth' (my local PC) I access through Glassfish v2 (I am
>> stating the exact versions of the App Server in each case) and
>> setup a connection factory, but as it is to be a remote factory I
>> am not finding how to indicate in Glassfish that the
>> connectionFactory is a remote factory.
>>
>> Since the tutorial doesn't cover this in the App Server, but only
>> as command line, I am currently at a lost to accomplish this next
>> step.

You could refer to the ant target "create-remote-factory" to
understand how this is done. The ant target internally uses the
asadmin CLI interface to create the various resources.

The tutorial (http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3669/bncfp?a=view)
has this to say for creating the CF pointing to the remote machine:
"2. The create-remote-factory target, defined in the build.xml file
for the Producer example, also creates a connection factory named
jms/JupiterConnectionFactory. In addition, it sets the AddressList
property for this factory to the name of the remote system."

So in this case, while creating a JMS CF, an address list property is
set to the remote system. This would be

asadmin create-jms-resource with --property set to
AddressList={remotemachine}:7676

More information available off the man page
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3675/create-jms-resource-1?a=view

Thanks
--Siva.