users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish-v2-b53 admin console problems

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 08:43:48 -0800

Are you sure you have installed it right? The shipping version with NB 6
is GF v2 b58g and not b53. Perhaps your earlier installation from beta
did not clean up GF during uninstall. Could you check and re-install?

I installed NB 6 afresh and I see b58g. (see more below the command output)
-----
C:\Program Files\glassfish-v2\bin>.\asadmin start-domain
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to C:\Program
Files\glassfish-v2\domains\domain1\logs\server.log.

Redirecting output to C:/Program
Files/glassfish-v2/domains/domain1/logs/server.
log
Domain domain1 is ready to receive client requests. Additional services
are bein
g started in background.
Domain [domain1] is running [Sun Java System Application Server 9.1
(*build b58g-
fcs*)] with its configuration and logs at: [C:\Program
Files\glassfish-v2\domains
].
Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
User web applications are available at these URLs:
[http://localhost:8080 https://localhost:8181 ].
Following web-contexts are available:
[/web1 /__wstx-services ].
Standard JMX Clients (like JConsole) can connect to JMXServiceURL:
[service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://Shreedhar:8686/jmxrmi] for domain
management purp
oses.
Domain listens on at least following ports for connections:
[8080 8181 4848 3700 3820 3920 8686 ].
Domain does not support application server clusters and other standalone
instanc
es.
---------

The web admin console takes a few seconds very first time but is zippy
after that. I created a connection pool and it happened in literally
under a second.

Another thing to check is the amount of memory that is currently being
consumed. If its over the top and hitting virtual memory then things
should slow down. Check Task Manager if you are using Windows.

Hope this is helpful.
Shreedhar