users@glassfish.java.net

Sun's Community Awards Program and GlassFish

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:04:31 -0800

Sun has announced a multi-year Community Awards program intended to
encourage and reward participation in open source communities. This
first year the program covers six Sun-led communities: OpenSPARC,
OpenOffice.org, NetBeans, OpenJDK, OpenSolaris and GlassFish.

Money and basic legal framework is provided by Sun but each community
will design its own rules (within some legal guidelines, etc). We need
to have all the details for the program by Jan 14th; I am planning to
lead the discussion for the program through the
advocacy_at_glassfish.dev.java.net mailing list, starting next week.

I believe some more details will be announced by Simon in Bangalore at
FOSS.IN

A brief blurb is at [1]. I'll send more pointers after Simon's
announcement.

[1]http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/glassfish_community_and_sun_s

        - eduard/o