users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 planning - What do *you* want in GlassFish V3?

From: Ryan J <subs_at_jpts.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:12:26 -0600

-------------- Quick summary -------------------------

When using web start or the app client script I'd like to be able to include a
splash screen in the application-client.xml file that is passed as an argument
to the JRE.

-------------- The long winded version --------------

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I have a couple web start specific
observations. I've been using the web start functionality for a little while
and, besides the large download, there is one thing that would keep me from
using it in a production environment.

When I launch an application via web start, there is a delay, with no user
feedback or splash screen, while the acc loads.

With the client script download I can modify it and give the jre a splash screen
to use until my application takes over and can show a real, progress monitored,
splash screen. I use the same image for both and it looks like one splash
screen from the second you double click the app until the UI frame loads.