users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Enable glassfish JVM for JMX monitoring, how i can do it?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:18:32 PST

While I can connect to JMX on GF just fine when the instance is running on localhost, I get:

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: <my host here>; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

whenever I attempt to connect to a GF instance that is running at our hosting provider. I've made sure that the port we set in the GF admin console for JMX is open at the firewall. I'm looking for advice on how we can diagnose the issue.
[Message sent by forum member 'tradiate' (tradiate)]