users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Enable glassfish JVM for JMX monitoring, how i can do it?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:18:33 PST

Hmmm. This might be a problem with the dynamic ports used by RMI stubs :((

In other words, the JMX port you set is that for the naming service (RMI registry). The actual
stub has another dynamic port which also needs to be available through Firewall.

I think we have to do something like http://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc/entry/jmx_connecting_through_firewalls_using in GlassFish code and
I am afraid, we have not done it yet. So, bottom line, yes, you are going to have this problem.

Can you file an RFE, I don't know if there exists one.

Thanks,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km105526' (km105526)]