users@glassfish.java.net

Error starting SJSWS instance for load balancing Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:40:25 PST

Here's the setup:

I have a 2 machine glassfish cluster (glassfish1 has DAS, glassfish2 just has node agent) up and running great. I installed SJSWS 7.0 on glassfish1. As far as I can tell, that went fine. I then installed the load balancer plugin.

The load balancer installation seemed to work, both from the SJSAS 9.0 installer (attempt #1) and then manually later (attempt #2, with instructions at http://blogs.sun.com/pjjairath/entry/installing_and_configuring_glassfish_http). But with both installation attempts, when starting the instance on SJSWS 7, I receive this error:

[root_at_glassfish1 webserver7]# https-glassfish1/bin/startserv
Sun Java System Web Server 7.0 B12/04/2006 08:17
failure: CORE2253: Error running Init function load-modules: dlopen of /opt/webserver7/plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so failed (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
failure: server initialization failed

I have verified that /opt/webserver7/plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so does exist:

[root_at_glassfish1 webserver7]# ls -l plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 368036 2007-11-08 00:52 plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so

I followed the steps at http://blogs.sun.com/pjjairath/entry/ssl_setup_for_webserver_7

In SJSWS 7 I have 1 configuration, glassfish1, with 1 instance https-glassfish1, which fails to start with the above error message.

Also, I have setup a load balancer with the admin GUI in glassfish and using the "Test Connection" button always fails thus far, though I've inferred that is tied to the fact that the instance isn't running...

Any ideas???
[Message sent by forum member 'rwillie6' (rwillie6)]