users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Connecting to DB2 database on a mainframe

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:24:03 PST

I created a new datasource with the IBM drivers to recreate the problem. I copied the db2java.zip, db2jcc.jar, db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar, and the db2jcc_license_cu.jar to the /opt/SUNWappserver/lib/jdbcdrivers/ directory and also added them to the classpath of the server. Then I restarted everything and created a new datasource with these settings:

Datasrouce Classname: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource
Resource Type: javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource

These properties are used:

password
datasourceName
user
databaseName
portNumber
serverName

When I test, I get this error:

Failure in loading T2 native library db2jcct2

So it seems its thinking it is a type 2 driver when its not. I tried seting the driverType = 4 in the properties but still get the same error. Those jar files are in fact type 4.
[Message sent by forum member 'sbeard' (sbeard)]