users@glassfish.java.net

Re: More than one "active" JMS provider.

From: Ramesh <Ramesh.Parthasarathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:41:24 +0530

Hi Uday,
    You can have multiple MDBs, listening to destination from different
brokers, this is certainly allowed. You can achieve this by configuring
the addresslist of the mdb connection factory to point to the
appropriate broker.

The jms service type (Configuration -> JMS service ) , only indicates
how the life cycle of the broker is managed by glassfish. If the type
is LOCAL or EMBEDDED, then the broker lifecycle (start and stop) is
managed by glassfish.
The default_jms_host (in the hosts) section, is the jms broker which
will be used by default (if you do not specify an address list in the
connection factory) in an application.

So if you want to use 2 different brokers in your MDBs just create 2
connection factories with the appropriate addresslist ,
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/docs/AG/abljw.html
shows you how you can create the connection factories.

Thanks
-Ramesh