users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem setting up 2 machine cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 23:10:02 PST

I see that in glassfish2 machine, you create a nodeagent called "na" (step: ant -f setup-cluster.xml create-node-agent -Ddas.host=glassfish1). And you use this nodeagent to point your glassfish2-instance1 to. But what is this node-agent called "g2-a1". When is this created?And how? Does this point to the host=glassfish1? If not, it will not startup since in that case, it will point to the localhost and port 4848. Your localhost is not running at the moment. So it does not know where to synchronize from.

I reproduced this issue (using the same steps you followed). I was able to start nodeagents "g1-a1" and "na". But i did not know what this "g2-a1" nodeagent was.

Some answers:

1. About the uninstall part, (i'm not sure if this is a bug already). But on linux, you could just go ahead and delete the entire glassfish directory after stopping all the domains and node-agents. I need to find out more on why the uninstall under glassfish/bin does not work.

2. You could remove the DAS from glassfish2 by deleting the domain1 directory under <install_root>/domains.

3. It is safe to remove the old node-agents directories if you have done the asadmin delete-node-agent CLI command or deleted from the GUI.
[Message sent by forum member 'sm157516' (sm157516)]