users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Authentication from remote standalone JSE appliation.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 05:28:52 PST

Hi,

I believe the problem is related to the resource authentication setting for the JMS resource in your client.

The message:

   Warning: MQJMSRA_MC2001: createConnection API used w/ username, password for Container Auth

refers to this, meaning res-auth is set to Container, when it should be Application in order to use createConnection(user,pass).

In my case, I have an enterprise application client, I'm looking-up the ConnectionFactory via JNDI, and in my deployment descriptor (application-client.xml) I specify something like:

<resource-ref>
<res-ref-name>jms/demo2/cf</res-ref-name>
<res-type>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
<res-auth>Application</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

With this in place, the given user/pass is used. Without it, I find guest/guest is used and the warning occurs. If I remove the (anonymous) user guest from the IMQ password file in my domain area, guest/guest fails to authenticate.

Quite how you resolve this for a standalone JSE application, I'm not exactly sure (I'm also new to this I'm afraid.) I'd be interested to find out, though! ;-)

Hope that's of some help.
[Message sent by forum member 'sennen' (sennen)]