users@glassfish.java.net

Porting jetspeed2 from Tomcat

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 03:49:24 PST

Hi ! Sorry I don't know if this is the right place to post, but there is no help on jetspeed-2 (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/ ) site.

Simply the goal is to be able to make the jetspeed-2 demo (a set of 5 war ) run on glassfish.

Why ? because I heed to show this my company to convince them to start a new project on glassfish. [i]But the write once run everywhere is quite a little painful.[/i]

Is there somebody who knows how to move some war archives from Tomcat 5x to Glassfish ? If you could just point me to the path to follow I will do the job myself no problem, I just need some hints on what to do because I'm completely lost
I've tried a lot of thing by myself without success including the foolish migration tool provided by sun (Migration Tool command throw exception saying insufficient disk space http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6307190 the bug state is [b]"State Closed, will not be fixed"[/b]

 I tried a lot but my knowledge is not sufficient, any help will be really appreciated.
Or do I have to try to build from source ? ( I didn't try because it will be much more painful I think because of all dependancies and so on...)

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'laurent4x' (laurent4x)]