users@glassfish.java.net

Is it possible to change the context root for the admin console?

From: Olivier Liechti <olivier.liechti_at_heig-vd.ch>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:24:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

In my setup, I want to access the admin console through a reverse proxy. I
am using the same IP address and the same port (80) for all my proxified
applications. Out-of-the-box, I have done the proxying this way:

    http://www.mysite.com/glassfish-admin --> Reverse Proxy -->
http://my.private-host.ch:4848/

The problem is that the fact of changing URL prefix breaks some of the links
(images, css, etc.).

I think that I could solve the problem if was able to access the admin
console via http://my.private-host.ch:4848/glassfish-admin. In other words,
I would need to change the context root for the admin console web app.

Is that possible (or is there a better approach - I would like to avoid
dealing with translating html content on the fly)?

Cheers,

Olivier