users@glassfish.java.net

Clustering - how are tasks scheduled across nodes?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:51:00 PDT

Sorry if this is a naive question! I'm running performance tests against a two-node Sun App Server 9.1 EE cluster (i.e Glassfish v2 with clustering). These particular tests run batch jobs which are submitted through ORB. I'm submitting the jobs from either node of the cluster and I'm seeing (as expected) that jobs submitted from one node will run on either node of the cluster.

What I'm also seeing however, is that the jobs don't seem to be balanced across nodes in a very even way. It seems at any one time most if not all the jobs will run on just one node. I'd like a reasonably equal distribution however - this is one of the main reasons for me choosing a clustered configuration.

Are there any settings I've missed which determine how tasks are scheduled across nodes in a cluster?
[Message sent by forum member 'ocoro02' (ocoro02)]