users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:16:46 PDT

I have another use case for deploying via context.xml:

I have a web app directory that I wish to load into the servlet engine multiple times with different context names/paths and parameters in context.xml. The META-INF approach does not work for this case (unless perhaps you select the option to deploy the directory, but generally I don't want to do that).

The reason behind this particular use case is a simple web app that is focused on a database instance. Exactly the same web app code, etc, can be used but each running app gets a different set of DBCP and JNDI parameters so as to target a different dataset.
[Message sent by forum member 'jess_holle' (jess_holle)]