users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:03:41 PDT

No RFE necessary for the loader override. This works like a charm.

I dropped the same context.xml I used in Tomcat 5 into docroot/META-INF (minus unnecessary cruft), dropped a jar containing my extensions into Glassfish's lib directory, removed my sun-web.xml file, and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

This does bring up another RFE, though... It would be really nice to be able to drop the context.xml into a certain Glassfish directory and have Glassfish automatically notice this file and load the web app in question. Tomcat has long had this capability instead of requiring one to actually change server.xml. It would be nice to have the equivalent for Glassfish to add web apps by simply creating appropriate text files in the right locations without altering domain.xml. [The context.xml in such cases much specify the docBase attribute on the <context> element, of course.]

Or does that feature also exist and I'm just ignorant of it?
[Message sent by forum member 'jess_holle' (jess_holle)]