users@glassfish.java.net

Library Conflict

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:26:23 PDT

Hi,

I'm trying to use Apache Muse on Glassfish. Muse uses the stax 1.0.1 api and woodstox-asl-3.0.1. The stax 1.0.1 api has a function call that conflicts with the one shipped with the Java EE 5 RI that's bundled with Glassfish. As a result, when my application runs it throws an exception.

Is there a way I can force Glassfish to use the classes bundled with the .war and not the ones loaded by the app server?

I tried the delegate="false" directive in sun-web.xml and the instructions here:
http://blogs.sun.com/sivakumart/entry/classloaders_in_glassfish_an_attempt
but neither worked.

I'd really appreciate any help. I'd prefer to develop and run all my components on Glassfish, but it doesn't look like this is possible...

Cheers,
Allen
[Message sent by forum member 'allen_a_george' (allen_a_george)]