users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:07:02 +0530

Hi Jesse

I am responding to various sections of this entire post. Apologies if the
in a different timezone :(.

> to which I've had at various times libraries="D:/viewstore/jessh_static_x10_view/Windchill/codebase" or libraries="."

Did you point libraries to the directory "Windchill/codebase" or specific jars
in the directory? The libraries attribute should point to a comma separated list
of jars
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/docs/DG/beade.html#gatej

Placing a "." would not work, as the "." would be considered, as the current
working directory of the VM, which is, IIRC, ${install_root}/config. So this
would effectively be equivalent to not setting any libraries for the app.

> directories listed in libraries are added [i]before[/i] the usual classloader entries for the web app

Yes the specified "libraries" jars are loaded before the web app's classes in a
classloader placed above the web-app's classloader.

Thanks
--Siva.