users@glassfish.java.net

Re: webdav: where is sun-web.xml?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:37:21 -0400

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I guess another way to look at this is from the last sentence in the developer manual for SJSAS 9.1:
>
> "You can add the WebDav servlet to your default-web.xml file to enable it for all applications,
> but you can't set up a security role mapping to protect it."
>
> I see that one can put all of this into web.xml for an installed application, but WebDAV isn't an install application, is it?
WebDav implementation is build on top of a Servlet. That's why you can
either defines it in default-web.xml (so available to all deployed
application that define the security constraint) or web.xml (and later
define your security mapping in sun-web.xml):

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/03/enabling_webdav_1.html

(I suspect the docs is similar to the blog).

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois