users@glassfish.java.net

Re: High Availability Session Persistence does not work.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:25:48 PDT

Hi Folks

I have the same problem.

using :
When I create using the : glassfish-installer-v2-b58g.jar
/usr/bin/java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish-installer-v2-b58g.jar
lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xml
bin/asadmin start-domain

If I create the DAS and the use the ADMINGUI: to create/start node-agents and instances on one machine everything works as expected.
and Deploy clusterjsp.ear example app with availabilty=true

When I repeat the process on a second machine (without starting the domain) just creating a node-agent (with the --host DAS => pointing at first machine) and starting it.
bin/asadmin create-node-agent --host $DAS --port 4848 --user admin --passwordfile /root/.asadminpass NODEAGENT2
bin/asadmin start-node-agent --user admin --passwordfile /root/.asadminpass NODEAGENT2

Then I go back to the DAS-Admin Gui create instances on the second machine and start them.

So far so good.

The session data doesn't get replicated.
(it still does on the first machine, except for the last instance(alphanumeric ordering) which resets the session. even if going back to a earlier instance)

but on the second machine every instance resets the session data.

Cheers
Sean
[Message sent by forum member 'sean_au' (sean_au)]