users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running GlassFish with Apache httpd

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:16:01 PDT

Although we had no problems to configure glassfish with ajp and apache 2.2.x with mod_proxy_ajp, we saw, that this configurations is not performant and sometimes requests were dropped in this configuration.

We switched back to apache2.2.x mod_proxy_reverse connecting via http on glassfish:8080 and are happy now.

We also compared http throughput up to 600 requests/second with a variety of settings.

My recommendation for today:

apache:80 -> mod_proxy_reverse (http)-> glassfish:8080

--
Thorleif Wiik
http://www.wiik.de