users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AppClient & JAAS -- LoginModule JDBC!?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:58:00 PDT

hi
thanks for the tutorial-link. I had a look at it and around the links - but I couldn't find exactly how to configure an appclient for jaas.

What I have done now:
created sun-acc.xml with
- <!DOCTYPE ..... /sun-application-client-container_1_2.dtd">
- <client-container>
-- <target-server name="localhost" address="localhost" port="3007"/>
-- <auth-realm classname="...", name="SAlotto">
--- <property name="..." value="..."/>
--- <property ..... />
--- .... (Propertys of the realm copied from domain.xml)
-- </auth-realm>
- </client-container>
Validating this succedes but in NetBeans the file is marked with an error-symbol and the tooltip-msg says: "cannot find deployment descriptor root element"

when trying to create a "sun-application.xml" then the dialog "new file" is hanging, all buttons are disabled, only the close-x in the right upper corner reacts. In Netbeans the sun-application.xml then exists, but I can't open it etc...

So far when running my application there is no difference at all:
Errormessage "javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Für SAlotto sind keine Anmeldemodule konfiguriert." (in English: 'For SAlotto there are no Loginmodules configured')
I don't know - maybe the problem is another than I've thought. In the errormessage there it asks for a Loginmodule and not for a Realm...? Both are more or less related with each other, but maybe I search the error somewhere complete wrong?

Don't know if anybody can give me one, but the best would be if someone could give me a little example - just all the JAAS-config (in descriptors, asadmin,...) and the code(snippet) which performes the authentification. New things I always learn best from examples and then adopting/optimize them for me.

Thank you very much for your help so far. I know it's not easy to help me with this problem, especially when I'm not sure what exactly my problem is :-|
I hope it is possible anyway that we find a solution for my problem - howsoever...
[Message sent by forum member 'blackfox86' (blackfox86)]