users@glassfish.java.net

Open-esb forum

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:34:04 PDT

Sorry for cross-posting, but the Open-ESB Integration forum does not allow me to post (I cannot subscribe to it).

I used the latest Open-ESB installer (openesb-installer-windows-20071005.exe), which contains NB 6b1, AppServer + components. Installation went fine, so I started to build a simple ETL package using the Derby db. All I wanted to do was demonstrate to myself that I could select a source and target table, graphically build an insert query with an extraction criterion and then execute this within NB.

I found that I was continually disconnected from Derby (annoying) during table selections, then was unable to build an extraction criterion due to what appears to be a missing JAR in the install package. Apache's commons collections package seems to be missing. (My java dump gave me ClassNotFound exception : ExtendedProperties (which is part of Apache commons collections).

Can anyone shed any light on this, and, if I download the commons collections JAR, where should I put it etc.

Sorry for the weak explanation - I am very new to this.

Many thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

james
[Message sent by forum member 'jpgrogan' (jpgrogan)]