users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Error Handling Problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:55:42 PDT

I am using Glassfish b58g. I have configured web.xml to handle the ViewExpiredException as follows:

  <error-page>
        <exception-type>javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException</exception-type>
        <location>/SessionExpired.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

When a ViewExpiredException occurs nothing is sent to the Web browser. The Web page doesn't get updated at all.

If I change the SessionExpired.jsp to a non-existant file the console log indicates "non-existant file not found in WAR", so I believe the error is being detected and the error-page triggered. Is there something else I need to configure to have error pages sent to the Web browser? If so where can I find the documentation to learn about this?

Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'gary_hill94' (gary_hill94)]