users@glassfish.java.net

Java WS client works, Ruby client fails

From: jxt <tolliverjs_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:49:56 -0700 (PDT)

My apologies if some of you have seen a similar post on the NetBeans-J2EE
forum,
but this glassfish forum seems more appropriate.

I have a simple web service hosted on Glassfish (now v2-58g). It's not even
Java EE 5,
but simply a J2EE 1.4 JAX-RPC service using SOAP encoding. Because of larger
project
concerns, I'm not at liberty to change the WSDL to utilize JAX-WS at this
time.

I built the web service using the builder wizards in NetBeans 5.5.1, hosted
it on Glassfish,
and built a simple Java test client to call the web service. Works as
expected.

Now, a colleague needs to call the web service from a Ruby client. His calls
consistently
fail with an error like this:

JAXRPC.TIE.04: Internal Server Error (JAXRPCTIE01: caught exception while
handling
request: java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.TextImpl)

I've got three questions.

1. Any idea why this error might be happening?

2. How can I see the complete HTTP POST message from my Java client to
compare with
the same from the Ruby client?

3. Where are the glassfish logs? In glassfish/domains/domain1/logs I see
logs of the
connections from my Java client, but I see NOTHING from the Ruby client.
That error
is obviously coming from the server side, so shouldn't it be logged
somewhere by
Glassfish?

Thanks.