users@glassfish.java.net

Dynamically rebind message driven beans to an external queue ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:51:47 PDT

Hello there,

I have a specific need with MDBs for which I can't find a solution :

I'm using swiftmq outside glassfish. After having configured all the stuff, I create a queue into swiftmq and subscribe a bunch of MDBs onto it.

I'm using some message selectors to define who will receive which messages. Each MDB is supposed to receive the messages carrying a property coming from a specific set.

We sometimes need to add some new properties to be taken into account on the fly by the MDB.

My problem : the query that defines the message selector is situated into the deployment descriptor, so it is taken into account at deployment time.

I would need to redefine on the fly the MDB message selector query, as I want to avoid redeployment (I've got some HA needs).

For the moment, I've given up the MDBs, and use a session bean which periodically resubrscribes to the queue.

Any idea to keep the MDBs ?

Thanks in advance !
[Message sent by forum member 'olivier_g' (olivier_g)]