users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to get JDBC connections via sql tags using JSTL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:50:19 PDT

Sorry folks, my mistake.

I found that I had not created my WEB-INF/web.xml file correctly; I had forgotten to add a <resource-ref> configuration to enable my datasource.

I guess Tomcat works w/o this configuration, since they use the <Resource> tag in META-INF/context.xml.

So you were right, cobrien, "set up a resource-reference" was the answer for me.

Oh, and another culprit was, you need to recreate your JDBC resource once you make changes to its underlying connection pool (restarting Glassfish won't help).

I still think that the error message(No suitable driver) is misleading and incorrect, though.

Thank you all for your time and advise.
[Message sent by forum member 'kmiya' (kmiya)]