users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish server behind a reverse proxy

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 04:29:08 PDT

Hello tbls,

I am just having exactly the same problem.
I am not able to find any help - so, let's try to share any information we have.
What I am doing now is like this:
1. I deploy the webservice, so I get the WSDL
2. I take the WSDL and the XSD and I save them to files.
3. Then I fix the URIs inside the WSDL to point to the reverse proxy host name.
4. Then I use @WebService(wsdlLocation in the java code in order to suppres WSDL generation.

It strange, how there is not any information on this topic??????
It is amazing, because there should be thousands of server, which a running behind a reverse proxy - this is a very standard newtork/firewall configuration for a production machine.

It is strange and notbody from the GLASSFISH comunity is responding here!
I am really, really, amazed.

On the other hand - the solution of this problem might, so simple that nobody thinks it is worthy to respond to these question.

You can use my 1,2,3,4 point, which is kind of workaround.
Please, share any information you have on the topic.

Best regards,
Filip
[Message sent by forum member 'phiko6402' (phiko6402)]