users@glassfish.java.net

Re: https (8181) not responding - v2_rc1_b58

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:08:44 PDT

FYI, I have tried both b58c and b58d, tuned the configuration file according to following suggestion:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/01/configuring_gri.html
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/03/configuring_gri_2.html

The Result is:

1. server doesn't hang anymore.
2. curl_loader receives some failed response (SSL timeout) in case of many concurrent https connections.
3. but eventually it creates total number of connections given in conf file. (i am still not sure how curl_loader creates concurrent connections, even if it receives failed response it tries to reconnect or request again)
4. at the same time I can access any page using browser although it's very slow.(which wasn't possible before)
5. if i change any configuration other than the above reference, curl_loader receives more failed response (SSL timeout).

Well, the bottom line is, the server doesn't hang anymore with TIME_WAIT or CLOSE_WAIT state.

Thanks a lot.
[Message sent by forum member 'server_user' (server_user)]