users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Question on design: Servlet or LifecycleListener to implement a

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:45:14 PDT

I've got the JCA Connector up and running and talking to my network devices. The connector creates and installs a MBean into the platform MBeanServer when it starts and from a stateless session EJB, I am able to connect to the MBean and manage connector, adding and removing devices to the configuration that the connector must interact with.

I defined an inbound interface and in another Message Driven Bean, I am able to get the information to receive the performance management information that the network device sends to the connector.

I used the WorkManager and Work interface to manage the threads that my service needed to run the protocol that I am using to talk to the network device. I was not totally familiar with the WorkManager capability so after I researched it more, I found that I could use it for my needs.

So this was a complete success in using the JCA, inbound connections, MDB's and JMX!
[Message sent by forum member 'bbergquist' (bbergquist)]