users@glassfish.java.net

Couple of questions about mod_loadbalancer & Apache

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:47:59 PDT

Had some fun setting this up with Apache running on Solaris 10 (x86) web frontends to clustered Windows based app servers with Glassfish v2. I've got a couple of questions which may be easy, but I can't figure.

I want to use the http service on the app cluster - but the load balancer doesn't seem to recognise http service requests, and I just get a page on the web server rather than the app server(s) docroot. Can traffic be routed through the LB to the http service on the app servers?

An oddity with the load balancer config under Glassfish is the 'device host' & 'device port'. This seems to limit you to a single balancer device (i.e web server in my case)- I have multiple physical webservers so I guess the loadbalancer.xml would need to be synced between them when updates are made?
[Message sent by forum member 'ocoro02' (ocoro02)]