users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Webstart icons & codebase mismatch

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:51:00 PDT

Hi, Roll.

I see the same problem with the small test app. Thanks for supplying it.

It looks like a GlassFish bug. The logic in the GlassFish server that creates the mapping from the "symbolic" path in the URL to the physical file location on the disk looks as if it is resolving the image URI relative to the EAR rather than the app client module within the EAR when deriving the physical location. This is not what we intended or documented but it looks like that's what's happening.

I tried repackaging your EAR by replicating the app client's lu directory at the top level of the EAR. Then when I tried to use the browser to find the image at the URL from the generated JNLP it worked.

Could you try that and see if it works for you also?

If so, I'll go ahead and open an issue for this bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for catching it and providing the test case.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]