users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish beta 3 Vs sjsas 9

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 01:15:33 PDT

Thanks for the info regarding support on GF.

I managed to obtain a support quote from a Sun reseller in the end, but I was concerned about what level of support I would get given the difficulty getting an initial quote.

I would send a private message back to Shreedhar, but I think it might be benifical to support sales if somebody could give us a little more information on the type of support we would likely to receive, i.e.

* Supported reported bug patches (currently I patch it myself creating an unsupported version)
* Active bug and security patching
* Telephone and email support (getting through to GF maintainers)
* Product certifications
* Etc, etc

Some people might say you get patching and email support from GF maintainers anyway - but having somebody to point a finger at is nice when things start to go wrong :)
[Message sent by forum member 'danielrhoades' (danielrhoades)]